Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.
KanHan Technologies Limited (“KanHan Tech”) is glad to be appointed to replace the decade old Hong Kong Observatory’s (HKO) “Dial-a-Weather” System (DAWS) with our HanPHONE Interactive Voice Response System (HanPHONE IVRS) - a comprehensive web-based telephony solution. The new DAWS, which is the 2nd largest unmanned interactive voice response system developed by us for the government departments after the Hospital Authority’s General Out-patient Clinics Telephone Appointment System with more than 650 telephone lines, serves the public with 368 telephone lines for weather information enquiries.
The project aims to further strengthen functions of the DAWS. The enhanced system enables that regional information on air temperatures and rainfall in a more timely manner is served with the update frequency increased from once every hour to once every 10 and 15 minutes respectively. Thus, the public is allowed to obtain latest weather information swiftly.
Since the launch of HanPHONE IVRS, it has been widely supported by our clients and adopted by around 50 Hong Kong government’s departments, non-profit organizations and corporations up to now.Features of New “Dial-a-Weather” System
- Provides latest weather information by generating newly obtained information into voice messages through Text-to-Speech technology;
- Daily automated backup to avoid possible data loss;
- Sophisticated monitoring and alert mechanism for error detection;
- Total resilience of system to avoid single point of failure;
- Allows administrators to customize the call flow;
- Allows the public to obtain information by call or by fax;
- Supports in Cantonese, English and Putonghua languages.